Excellent news – we have finally been given the go-ahead to re-open on Wednesday 13th May when a maximum of two people from different households can play together, or a maximum of four from the same household. We are hoping this will be broadened soon, but for the time being we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible back at the club very soon. Please make sure you read the following instructions carefully before planning your visit to the golf club.
Firstly, we must insist that if you feel at all unwell, with either Covid-19 symptoms or any other ailment, you must not visit the golf club, but instead stay at home.
Booking a Tee Time
- All play must be pre-booked and membership fee payments up to date – you cannot turn up at the golf club hoping to play and waiting for an available slot on either the main Normanton course of the Hambleton Par 3.
- The Pro Shop will re-open on Wednesday. Between now and then if you wish to book a tee time, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your tee time will be confirmed back to you. After Wednesday we will be taking bookings by phone on 01572 737 525. Please do not email your tee time requests after this date.
- Tee times will be available from 8.00am during the week and from 7.30am at weekends. Intervals between tee times will be determined by the number playing.
- Your email must specify whether you want to play 9 or 18 holes and also whether you wish to hire a buggy (for single use only). Buggies will be sanitised after each use.
- Please note, until further notice there will be no reserved tee times for groups, including Seniors, Ladies or Saturday groups. We will not be working to events in the Club Diary at present.
At The Club
- Arrive no earlier than 20 minutes before your tee time, being careful of social distancing requirements in the car park and in all areas around the facility.
- Change shoes and organise your golf equipment in the car park.
- All players – members and visitors – must register in the Pro Shop prior to moving to the first tee.
- Whilst the Clubhouse will be closed, the toilets in our marquee venue will be open, but for only one person at a time.
On The Course
- Social distancing must be observed at all times during your round. Do not shake hands, fist bump or high five at any time.
- Flag sticks should not be touched or removed from the holes.
- Ball washers are out of use.
- Bunker rakes have been removed but please try your best to smooth over the sand with your shoe or golf club after use.
After Your Round
- Please leave the course and the facility as soon as possible after your round, taking any rubbish with you.
- If you experience any Covid-19 symptoms after your round, please call the Pro Shop to let them know for any track and trace purposes which may be implemented.
At the moment the Range must remain closed. We will update you of any changes to this as soon as we know.
These instructions and conditions have been put in place in conjunction with government requirements and advice from golfing governing bodies and are to ensure the safety of the staff and members at RWGC. We hope you have all kept fit and well and are as eager to get back to playing golf as we are to see you all again.